Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here Come the Geese

I think it started last week. The weather seemed to change overnight, but it took a few days for me to pin down the strange feelings I was having. Then I realized what it was- summer is practically over. It feels like fall. The sun is at a different place, the humidity is gone, and we've actually pulled out sweaters for an evening trip to the playground. Yesterday, though, it was official. I heard him before I saw him. One lone, Canadian goose, flying southward. It seems too soon. We haven't even harvested more than 2 tomatoes off of our plants! We've only been to the beach once! It's not time for the geese to leave yet! Because once they do, our lovely, languid summer will be over, and we'll be gearing up for another cold, messy Chicago winter.

No comments: