So here's the fun list. Anything and everything I've wanted to accomplish in my lifetime, both past and future, to be attempted in one year - 2009.
In no particular order:
1) Finish knitting the hat I've started 3 times, and other stuff.
2) Organize the nursery (ie, put up more hooks.)
3) Recycle more. Meaning, throw less in the wastebasket next to me and more in the recycling bin all the way across the apartment.
4) Find ways to consume less.
5) Buy a composter. This conflicts with #4, but ultimately will help us waste less.
6) Begin our garden sooner this year. Before June.
7) Take more time with my appearance. Do my hair, iron my clothes, try to look less tired.
8) Intake less sugar. That means no more birthday parties!
9) Practice yoga. Find a parent-child yoga video or class. Find a class to go to once in a while - alone.
10) Date nights. Regularly. And refer to #7 on that particular night.
11) Plan Christmas presents long before December. And maybe actually make some nice things.
12) Continuing the Christmas theme: plan Advent activities long before Advent begins.
13) And organize my computer address book so I'm ready to send Christmas cards on time.
14) Play the piano.
15) Listen to more music intentionally. Watch Die Zauberflote (since I've only had it for 2 years now and haven't watched it.) Watch more opera on dvd.
16) Floss more.
17) Organize photos and videos on computer.
18) Frame the family pictures that have been waiting in my drawer for 10 years for this very event.
19) Listen to Mike's music - score in hand - really listen intentionally. (There's that word again!)