Saturday, August 2, 2008

Week in Review

This has been a wonderfully normal, slow-paced, summer week for us. A few bumps and bruises along the way, but nothing that won't heal. I finished knitting a wool scarf for my friend Melody, presenting it to her on the hottest day of the summer (it's not my fault they had to move on August 1st!) We had a good visit with my pregnant friend Hsing-Huei and her son Zachary, a run-in between an angry mosquito and Nourit's face, a trip to Indiana to pick blueberries, and our favorite Saturday pastime - coffee at backstory, the Bleeding Heart Bakery's "Take a Hike" scones (yum!), produce from the market, a little drum music with Eli, and the first eggplant from our garden. Oh, yeah, and I did go to work at some point in between all this...
Hsing-Huei, Zachary, and Emily (you can't see her until October!)

That's the last time I forget the bug spray - poor baby!

Danielle and Moshe - the sweetest peaches in town!





Drum Man!













My walk to work - one of my favorite parts of Hyde Park.

No comments: